Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Veggie Lasagna from Lilac

Ok, so today I was at the market and I said, "Let's make veggie lasagna!".  This occurred when I was passing the Mozzarella cheese.  Here is how I prepared my lasagna:
Layers of
  1. pasta noodles
  2. chili tomato (canned) blended with fresh parsley and vine-riperned tomatos diced
  3. roasted acorn squash
  4. sauteed parsnip, carrot, turnip and garlic in grapeseed oil
  5. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
  6. basil

Here is the finished product-

Now...it must pass the taste test.  Clearly this is not raw.  And due to the addition of sliced mozarrella, it is not vegan either.  It is a Vegetarian lasagna, low in fat and high in flavor and texture.  I thought about using the lasagna noodles but I don't care for them so I used spiral noodles instead.

Remember to drink water!  Your body needs hydration and it gets that from all the raw fruits and veggies you are supposed to be eating each day.  Don't take for granted that you have taken in enough water...drink more!

Your food has the ability to heal you, so eat well!

Lilac

1 comment: