Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Time for Change

Hello Friends!  I am an emerging Vegan.  I want to eat as much raw food as I can to benefit from all that nutrition in its rawest most natural state possible.  My friend and I are going to be sharing simple food ideas, strategies, celebrations, possibly recipes but that is not really our forte.  We do not profess to be experts or even all that organized about food...but then again, the majority of people just eat whatever comes along!  That is what we want to discuss in this Blog...how and why and when people eat.  Maybe together we can discover patterns that can be adjusted or changed altogether to make us healthier and happier.  Especially when we have celebrations or holidays or parties...these are times when it is really challenging to stand by your commitments if you are dieting or abstaining from certain foods!

Maybe together, by documenting, exploring and collaborating we can discover new ways to use great ingredients.  Everyone is passionate about something when it comes to foods and flavors and eating.  Some people enjoy cooking while others eat out frequently.  Of course those of us who cook often may be doing it because we have families to feed...maybe we prefer to eat out.  But that is exactly why it would be wonderful to make the experience of preparing food, serving it and eating it, more pleasureable!

I would like to introduce you to my partner and myself.  We will be called Hydrangea and Lilac.  I am Lilac, and I will be focusing on the outdoor garden (New England) and organic, vegetarian cooking as well as Raw food.  Hydrangea also gardens (Texas) and will focus on herbs, spices, teas, desserts and other specialties that involve creating the right ambience in your home and at mealtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment